Call Us with Additional Questions: 352‐307‐3006
Home Bleaching Review
Hydrogen peroxide has been used for many years to bleach teeth. In past years it was usually applied only by dentist who used heat and/or light to accelerate its bleaching action. We still offer in-office bleaching for patients who want faster results. In recent years, however, a highly effective technique has been found that allows patients to bleach their teeth at home. Due to the maximum strength (35%) it is not sold over the counter and it must be supervised by a dentist.
- Brush and floss your teeth before placement of the tray. Rinse well.
- Place very small amount of bleaching gel in the tray at each tooth position to be bleached.
- Place the tray firmly over your teeth. Use your finger or tissue to wipe excess gel from your gums. Keep in your mouth for a minimum of 30 minutes for maximum results, with this 35% strength.
- Clean tray with soft brush and cool tap water. Store in case provided.
- Keep tray and gel out of heat/sunlight.
- Keep refrigerated for best shelf life; take out 5 minutes before use.
- Do Not Freeze
Apply for 7 days and return back to our office to check the shade and evaluate the progress.
If significant sensitivity occurs, stop treatment and resume a few days later. Sensitivity should subside if not using. If this continues, we have a prescription fluoride toothpaste for sensitive teeth available to purchase in our office or pharmacy. Your gum tissue may react to the bleaching gel. If it does, simply decrease the amount of bleaching gel in the tray, or return to the office so we can trim the appliance in order to reduce the amount of bleaching gel in contact with your gum tissue.
- Foods and juices high in acid may cause sensitivity.
- Do not use tobacco products, eat or drink while bleaching.
- Do not use tobacco products, or drink red wines, dark juices, coffee, tea, cola products and including dark sodas immediately after bleaching.
- Drink dark juices, coffee, tea, dark soda, colas through a straw whenever possible.
It is best to apply after brushing your teeth before you go to bed. This will avoid precautions mentioned above.
If you have any questions about this treatment, please contact us today. You can call the office at 352-307-3006.
Next appointment is scheduled for: _________________